Certificate of nutritional science is a course where a lifestyle specialist and health practitioner is taught how to offer sound nutritional advice to their clients and patients. This is an 8-week course that offers Foundation in nutrition science and it gives brief information about how it differs from person 2 person. It is a perfect course for people who are interested in earning fame and name in the world of nutrition.
Pre-Qualification – DDHN/GRADUATE
Duration – 6 Months
Module 1 (FOOD, NUTRITION & HEALTH)
- Macronutrients in food -Carbohydrates, proteins, fats.
- Micronutrients in food-Vitamins, Minerals & water.
- Introduction to basic foods & food groups including -cereals, pulses, milk & its products, fruits & vegetables, meat & poultry.
- Introduction to food exchange list, basal metabolic rate, Meal planning.
- Food adulteration, spoilage & preservation.
- Nutrition through life cycle – infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, pregnancy, lactation, elderly.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- Liver & gall bladder disorders.
- Muscoskeletal Disorders.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Metabolic disorders-Diabetes mellitus, thyroid, PCOS, etc.
- Weight Management .
- Nutrition in cancer.